Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Birthday Tradition



I got this idea from my friend Angela's blog. They have a birthday quilt that the birthday person sleeps with the night of their birthday. There are little pockets on it that have little presents in them when they wake up. Such a cute idea! I made one this year with the help of Brent's mom. I was so grateful she was here because sewing is not one of my talents although I hope someday it will be. And yes, Seth is sleeping in a white dress shirt. Don't ask me why because I don't know. :)

The next night Brent told me to sleep with it since he had some stuff for me. I came out in the middle of the night to find a juicer and this...


My birthday present/boy!

You don't want to know what I woke up to in the birthday quilt. Or rather, Brent wouldn't want you to know. I'll just tell you. I got a toilet seat. Yeah, Brent really struck out this year. I don't think he'll make that mistake again. :)

4 comments:

Happy said...

I LOVE the blanket idea!!! Too cool! I think I may have to make one myself, and I don't sew either! And I love Brent's present. Believe me, I have received many "toilet seats" of my own! Men are too funny!

Heather S. said...

hmmm. toilet seat. He never ceases to amaze me...
(I too like the idea)

Heidi said...

The blanket idea is so fun. Just wondering how comfortable it is to sleep with a toilet seat in your bed!

Jill said...

He cut out the picture of the toilet seat from the box and put it in one of the pockets. I think the thought was there but he didn't think it all the way through. :) It needed to be replaced and I guess he thought since he hadn't done it after I asked him many times that he would give that as a present. I said that it's more of a Saturday surprise rather than a birthday present.