Sunday, December 28, 2008

Where to Begin

The lack of blogging is not due to nothing to blog about, but rather where to begin.
I'll start with our church's Christmas party. I am over activities at our church which includes an annual Christmas party. We had different soups for dinner with rolls and then everyone brought a dessert to share. Brent and my nephew Adam put together a conference call with Santa live via satellite from the North Pole and the primary children sang. We did a reenactment of the Nativity that turned out well for being VERY last minute. I hope nobody could tell. I was so grateful for the talented people around me that were willing to step in and help put it together. Overall I think it was a success and I already have thoughts churning in my head about what to do next year. (No pictures. I was counting on my lovely sister bringing her camera so I didn't bring mine and I don't think I saw her taking any pics)
The ladder slipped out from under Brent as he was cleaning up the wonderful light display he had strung across the ceiling. Luckily he sustained no major injuries and Ian had walked away from that area. Phew! What a blessing nobody got hurt. I think my heart stopped for a sec when I heard the crash and everyone gasp when I was out in the hallway. I'm grateful he's out in the living room playing with the Little People sets with our 2 boys.
More to come...

2 comments:

Heather S. said...

So glad everyone was alright and that your activity was a success! How was yours and Seth's birthdays?

Heidi said...

Scary! I'm glad Brent is okay. I know when I sent Steve up on the roof to put up Christmas lights, I decided very quickly that I'd rather have a living, breathing husband than a beautifully lighted roof!