Wednesday, November 19, 2008

3-2-1 Liftoff!

I don't know if it's because I grew up here or not, but I love to watch the shuttle go up. I never get tired of seeing it and always get a little teary-eyed. All of the launches are cool, but the night launches can't be beat. It is as bright as dawn when it goes up.


Amy planned a bonfire on the beach so a bunch of us went and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows and had the perfect view. The kids had a blast digging in the sand and running around.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

What cool pictures. I wish we had seen a launch up close before we moved. I miss seeing them now.

The Adams Family said...

How awesome. What a wonderful family experience. It looked like so much fun!

Janet said...

It was fun! Audrey and Justin went to bed with sand in every crack and crevice because they fell asleep on the way home. :)