No, I don't mean my stomach literally but that instinct mom's have about what's best for their kids. I didn't listen to mine recently but it all worked out and I was reminded that I need to go with that instinct.
I removed Seth from his previous preschool after many difficult mornings and having to peel my child from me to leave him in his class. I know it's normal for kids to have separation anxiety sometimes, but I knew it wasn't just him. He never brought artwork or any papers home and they hardly played outside. What do they do with a class of 4 year olds for 4 hours? Before we decided to send him there, I had a lot of reservations. They seemed really big on being very proper and they were very strict. They had to wear a uniform and if you know Seth, that was a BIG deal! The orientation meeting before school started was over 2 hours long!
I almost just pulled him out of school to stay home with me but thought that may not teach him a very good lesson. I don't want him to think if he doesn't like school he can decide not to go. I felt like I was pushing it just switching schools. So now he is at a new school that he LOVES and we love it too! His teacher is so nice. You know the type that does the exaggerated excited reaction which makes the kids feel like what they just told her was the greatest thing she's ever heard. I love it! He stayed home today because his back hurt. I am suspicious of his motives since I was babysitting one of his cousins and eventually the pain moved from his back to his shoulder to his arm and then eventually it was gone. But anyway, his teacher called to talk to him and she had the whole class yell, "Hi Seth!" It was so sweet. He was very shy on the phone, but he couldn't wipe the smile off his face for a long time. He wanted to call his daddy right away and tell him how cool it was. Of course, that may given him motivation to want to stay home more often.
Our mornings are much happier now and I am grateful I was reminded to listen to my instincts.
How cute is he???
11 years ago

3 comments:
Good call on changing schools, it sounds like that was the right choice. I really appreciate all of my friends for going through all of these parenting dilemmas before me so that I can learn from you guys!
You're a good momma!
I tagged you, by the way. And, by the way, you never did the last tag either...
Yeah! Sounds like life will be better for both of you now!
Post a Comment