We had a little burial service in the yard and Seth said a few words about how he liked doing stuff with him. He started to say play with him but if you didn't know, Lion is a fish and if you didn't know, you can't really play with fish. But apparently you can do stuff with them.
Seth took it pretty well but he did want us to put Lion back in the water after awhile and see if he started moving. He then insisted that he saw Lion move. Today he wanted to go out to the yard to feed him.
I almost teared up and he was sad so it made me want to never have a dog that he would get attached to even more. Plus, they stink and drool all over and don't get me started on the people who let their dogs use my yard as a toilet. Maybe I'll take Ian down to their yard...
So that is why we will never have a dog. No offense intended for those who love dogs. I'm sure yours don't smell or drool all over just like my baby never has a crusty runny nose.
(George(my father-in-law), if you're reading this consider this your warning to never get us a dog like you said you were. You will be in my axis of evil) (And I'm not kidding)

3 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about Lion. It looks like it was quite an impressive burial.
I feel the same way about dogs.
Cute post. I was guessing Lion was a cat and was feeling really sad for you guys. Still sad even though he's a fish, don't get me wrong.
And I am SOOOO with you on the gross dog thing. I have wanted to write my own post about "Why do people own dogs??" but have too many dog loving blog readers to do it. Gross gross gross, we will never own one either.
RIP Lion. Every time we visited, you were always swimming so happily.
Maybe in fish heaven you can be friends with all 5 of Audrey's fish that passed on last October.
Post a Comment