Thursday, June 19, 2008

One Year Old

This is fairly long and for my own journaling...

Eating-He is pretty much over the baby food. When he was sick with a sore throat last week, he was glad to eat it because it went down easily, but now he wants his PB&J, quesadilla, and pretty much whatever else we put in front of him. He loves yogurt and is so cute when he eats a popsicle. I found out that he's been eating peanut butter and drinking regular milk for months when I walked in and he was taking a big bite out of Brent's sandwich and took a big swig of his milk. So much for waiting a year. I told Brent if Ian get's an allergy I'm going to tell him his daddy caused it. Of course, I only said that so I wouldn't feel guilty when I continued to give it to him. :)

Mobility-He is still army crawling. He does get up on his knees for a little bit, but lays down again. He can really move quick. He recently figured out how to get from a sitting position to a crawling position and is quite pleased with himself. I can no longer set him down and know that he will be there when I get back. He is dangerous in his walker as he zips around and we have each almost lost a toe. He's pulled himself up some and tries to walk with support, but acts like it's the worse thing that could happen to him and wishes that I would just pick him up. He's a little bit behind Seth at this age, but we don't hold it against him. :) He's actually right on since he was born a month early. I can tell that he is going to be into everything. He's very curious and I love to watch him move around and open and close cabinets like a big boy.

Speech-He says mama, dada, baba, whassat(what's that), sesus(Jesus-from walking around the halls at church and pointing at the pictures), and when I call Seth's name he yells like he is calling him too. He's starting to copy what we say and we love to make him laugh. Seth is the best at making him laugh.

Miscellaneous-I love how he wakes up happy in the morning and calls out for us to come and get him. He takes good naps and sleeps through the night! This makes all the difference when it comes to my energy level. He loves, loves, loves Seth and thinks he is the funniest thing. He gets excited when we walk by Seth's door in the morning and gets mad if I don't take him in there to see him. He is just a happy baby and a true momma's boy. He loves to cuddle still and I am going to take advantage of that before he gets too independant and doesn't want to. He is just a fun, happy, beautiful baby and we love him so much!

1 comment:

Heather S. said...

Awww! I can't wait to see him!